Despite the challenges you face,having healthy relationships is ultimately your goal
Here you are, having sleepless nights. You wonder what you did wrong? "Where did I lose track of it all? ",you ask yourself. Well a big applause to you for realising that something is wrong . No one ever said that having healthy relationships would be easy.
You are in love and it all has to be smooth-sailing. You wish! Every relationship has its own ups and downs. The strength in relationships comes in learning what is missing in your relationship.
If you never had a problem good for you. I bet it is because you mantained some of the most essential ingredients of having a healthyrelationship.
The first step is asking yourself what exactly the problem is. You can only move forward after pointing out the issues of concern. Things are going on well for you soyou do not exactly have an issue of concern......wrong, your concern is how do I keep this balance in my relationship. Everything is moving so well. It should be likethis forever.
Here I will make a list of some of the things that can lead towards a healthy relationship. That is not to say I have exhausted the list of values that make any relationship:
- Communication. All good relationships are founded on good communication. In relationships this is the most important key. Everything else might be there butif you are unable to communicate you will not solve anything.
- Spontaneity. You do not have to do everything by the book. Throw some excitement and thrills in your relationship. This will certainly get rid of allthe boredom you feel.
- Love.All great and successful relationships are founded on this emotion. Without love we are nothing.
- Trust... Would you want to spend the rest of your life where clearly trust was absent. Trust is knowing that your partner has spent the entire night outand still believing s/he would never do anything stupid like be with somebody else.
- Respect. Are you able to look at yourselves and realise that you are two unique individuals with different views but you are still able to acknowledge each others view and respect them.
- Honesty. Being truthful is not without its bad side. Whilst honesty is virtuous do we always need to be honest? Are there some rules where honesty is concerned? No matter those rules, honesty is always the best policy.
- Make time to know each other. Here I am not talking about just knowing the kind of movies they love or kind of jokes. What makes them unique? What aretheir dreams and aspirations?
- Intimacy. Being close and also showing affection towards each other helps.Intimacy is not only physical but sharing important details of your life is all part of intimacy.
You need to be able to look at your relationship and decide what it is that you want out of it. I guarantee that you will never go wrong if you set your relationship goals and work towards those goals together.Try it and see how it works for you. Work towards healthy relationships together and not as an individual.
Return to Relationships are complicated from Healthy relationships.
Have your say about what you just read! Leave me a comment in the box below.